Monday, March 03, 2003

Controversial Applesauce
I inadvertently instigated a major source of controversy. Forget the anti-war protests. A larger issue is now at hand.

Applesauce: disgusting slimed form of apple, or tasty saucy goodness.

I hate applesauce. Texture issue aside, it's a source of childhood trauma for me. But, I don't deny others the right to enjoy the mucky mess if they so desire. Apparently voicing my opinion about applesauce touched a nerve with those who have fond childhood memories of sucking down the slimey substance. Some people still seem to enjoy the dastardly dish, as grownups. That's fine. I just prefer to eat apples the way they were meant to be eaten- with crunch. Not mushed beyond recognition.

Protest all you want. But no good can come from applesauce.

Make pudding, not applesauce.

C.T.

No comments: