Friday, March 14, 2003

Port o' Pride
I don't get why people who exit a port o' john have such a proud look of accomplishment on their faces. Almost every time I'm at the lake and I see someone exiting those blue port o' lets, they have a huge grin on their face like they just achieved a major victory while in there.

Are we supposed to be proud of them for using the portable john? Are we supposed to commend their valiant effort to do nature's business while in a putrid, public, moveable, metal cannister? I never thought of it as an opportunity for personal success, but I guess it could be if that's your thing.

I mean, I'd be prouder to manage using a bush or a tree or an empty cup without falling over or making a mess, rather than venture into any port o' john. The only look on my face before, during, and after a port o' potty experience is disgust and nausea. Those things are nasty!

I think from now on I will clap and cheer for everyone I see dismounting the portable toilet facilities. Especially if I don't know you.

C.T.

No comments: