Friday, March 21, 2003

My One Oscar Request
I realize the Oscars will be a quite different, more somber occassion than in years past, due to the war and such. But I do have one request of the Academy this year. It is vital that we control what we can control during these uncertain times.

My request is this: Please do not let Halle Berry accept any more awards, for herself or others. I beg of you, keep her off the stage at all costs. Don't offer a lifetime achievement, or a yearlong achievement, or a congratulatory statue for being the only actor who actually still attends the ceremony this year. Not even an acceptance on behalf of any actor who is a no show. I implore you, no awards for Halle Berry on Sunday.

I don't even really care who does win the awards this year. And I realize Halle Berry isn't nominated for anything. So my plea is a reminder to keep it that way for now.

I think she's still crying and freaking out and thanking people from last year. And I just can't take anymore.

C.T.

No comments: