Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Scrubs for All
I really think scrubs should be acceptable work attire for every occupation. Clothing options make me late to work everyday, and once I've arrived at work I realize I hate what I'm wearing anyway. Doctors and nurses have the right idea. Scrubs.

You may say, "Tyrant, why not choose your outfit the night before? This would save you time in the morning and allow you to arrive punctually to work." I'd agree with you, if that plan hadn't been tried and effectively destroyed long ago.

When I choose my outfit the night before, I never know if it will match my mood in the morning. I can never remember what I may have already worn that week, so as to not wear black pants two days in a row, or the same shirt that's been laying on the floor since I wore it on Monday. Plus, I can picture an outfit, and in my head it is the most fabulous outfit ever. It all works together, and I am stunning. But when I actually stumble into my closet early in the morning, and I put on the pieces I chose the night before, it never looks as good on me as it did in my head. I have to scramble to find something that does work, and that's where I lose precious time, ending up in an outfit that is less than satisfactory. It's all very discouraging.

So I say take the guesswork out of the situation. If I only have to choose between green or blue scrubs then my brain has much less information to process and mess up. I don't have to think about matching jewelry, or the right shoes. I'd just go from shower, to scrubs, to car, to office. Simple and idiot-proof. And extremely comfortable, so I hear.

Besides, does anyone at your office really care what you wear? I'm not trying to impress anyone where I work. In fact, I'm really trying to de-press the majority of people in my building, so as not to attract attention to myself. I'd rather save all my fabulous clothes for weekends and evenings when I'm around people who I might like to impress.

Scrubs for all. It can't possibly be a bad idea.

C.T.

No comments: