Tuesday, March 11, 2003

I hate Spring Break
I am so mad at spring break. Why? Because I actually love spring break, and desperately want to break for spring. But, the day I graduated college and became technically an 'adult', I no longer had the spring break privilege.

I don't understand why spring break only applies to those in or involved with school. Don't we all deserve a break? Don't we all work just as hard as school people? And really, between summer break, fall break, and Christmas break, do students really work all that hard? Definitely not harder than hardworking adults with year round jobs.

I propose that spring break become an event in which all American citizens can participate. I have a dream that one day, people young and old alike can walk together in freedom from a standard workday for one week during the spring. I hold these truths to be self-evident, that Americans work hard, much harder than the average student, and therefore deserve a break during the spring. Four score and seven years ago, our forefathers brought forth to this nation the honor of vacation due to upstanding citizens of this country, because of the contributions they make to society by going to work each and every day. I ask not what I can do for my country, but what my country can do for spring break and me.

At least with most of the population on spring break and away from schools and offices, traffic is much better for those of us still stuck going to work everyday.

C.T.

No comments: