Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Non-Guilty Pleasure
One of my favorite things to do is to make a really, really big plate of really, really good food for dinner. Then take my food to a strategic spot in the living room, allowing for a clear view of the tv, and commence to eat the food while watching Survivor.

I know they can't see me, and therefore this is not a form of torture to them. This fact technically relieves me of being considered a mean person.

But there is something really, really satisfying about eating a large amount of good food while watching a group of people being really, really hungry on tv. Not sad, poor, hungry people. That would be mean. But money chasing, manipulating, fame-seeking hungry people.

They put themselves in that situation. I just choose to eat through their hunger.

C.T.

No comments: