Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Bring Back Group One
After the eight people in Group Two of American Idol tortured us last night with their 'singing', I came to a startling and disappointing realization: There are six people left from Group One that are all better than the eight people we saw last night in Group Two, yet two people from Group Two will definitely get to move on to the next round, and the six better-yet-rejected Group One people will have to live with that for the rest of their lives.

It's so unfair.

No one from Group Two deserves to be in the Final 12. They were all horrible. Especially Jesus. (I never thought I'd hear myself say that)

I hate Group Two.

If it were up to me, for personality points alone, I would choose Matthew Rogers. I was severely saddened that his performance wasn't better, because I like him.

Kara Master needs to go the way of Julia Demato from last season, only sooner and with less fanfare, especially since Simon said she was just like Julia Demato. As though that was a good thing. I couldn't get the comparison out of my head as Kara sang last night, and I fear Julia has returned cleverly disguised as 'Kara'. America, please make her go away. NOW.

I predict we will be stuck with Lisa "I Don't Have to Lose Weight" Leuschner, and Camile "I Lost the Hip-Hop" Velasco. The third possibility is Marisa "I've Killed the" Joy.

But we would be better off to erase Group Two from our memories, and add two more contestants from Group One.

Thank goodness for the Wild Card round.

C.T.

No comments: