Thursday, February 19, 2004

It has to get better
Really. Upcoming Groups 3 and 4 on American Idol HAVE to get better. Because the representatives from Group 2 make me want to quit this whole American Idol thing alltogether.

It's crazy talk, I know. But Group 2 was that bad.

So, the results this week leave us with Matthew and Camile. Camile was no surprise to me, although I'm just not all that excited about her. Matthew was a bit of a surprise, and I can only figure he made it through because America likes him, and because Lisa is annoying. Matthew will need to sing better to impress me into believing he is worthy of being in the competition, but I do like the guy.

Elsewhere in reality TV, the Alliance, despite one third of us being somewhat MIA lately, has finally inflicted our power onto America's Next Top Model. Catie was booted from the show. And not only was Catie sent packing, which she did with a lot of crying and complaining and whining, but Camille (not to be confused with AI Camile) was the other one close to be booted from the show. It came down to Catie and Camille, and Catie cried her way out of our hearts and onto a bus home.

Never have I seen more crying in one show of any show on television than was present in this week's ANTM. I request no more crying for the rest of the season. I can't take any more.

Next week, we hope to finish Camille's inevitable walk of shame out the door, sending her on her way. No one likes her. All of the judges hate her. The Alliance hates her. She needs to go.

And Group 3 of American Idol will hopefully present us with something better than Group 2 delivered this week.

Oh, please. Let it be better . . .

C.T.

No comments: