Wednesday, April 02, 2003

More Idol Analysis
It was finally disco night, and I was very excited for disco. Being a huge disco fan, I just knew I was in for an hour of disco-riffic fun. But, I have to admit I was left unfulfilled. Who would've guessed that some of these now seasoned Idol Wannabees could kill disco? I didn't think it was possible.

1. First, you should never doubt the annoying factor when it comes to the Tyrant's Spidey sense. I said from the beginning that I was tremendously annoyed by Corey, and sure enough, he's turned out to be a bad seed. As you saw last night, he can't even apologize for being a criminal in a non-annoying way. Corey, good luck with those 'false' charges. And I suggest you burn the see-through shirt, much like I will try to burn the memory of you on Idol.

2. Hopefully Carmen's hair extensions didn't succeed in extending her stay on Idol any further past today. And I will be so bold as to say that I never want to hear about Ryan's 'extension' again.

3. Paula was right about Kimberly C. She is very consistent. Consistently boring. Get off the show. And leave Jewel alone. She clearly was not interested in meeting you.

4. Joshua was by far the worst performance last night, only because Corey is no longer able to be with us. You'd think a Marine would be able to suck it up even feeling a bit sick, and still perform better than the other 7 civilians.

5. I usually appreciate Simon's perspective, but I'm not sure what his problem was last night. I loved Clay, although I'm beginning to wonder if his feet are made of lead since he never moves around on stage. I did totally dig his shirt and look last night. He's finally starting to look like a rock star, just a wee bit.

6. Ruben again did a fabulous job, although I am still sick of the 205 shirts. It's old, and it's working against him at this point, in my opinion. But annoying shirts aside, the Tyrant may foresee a Clay vs. Ruben duel to the end of this competition. And I would not be disappointed with that.

7. Ricky's 'fro was the best part of his performance. But I think all of the contestants should have had to wear the 'fro for each of their performances. One good 'fro deserves another.

8. Kimberly L. tried it with the 'fro, but just didn't quite pull it off as well. Girl does have some hair, though. Still, I'm just not impressed by her performances. Too ordinary to be an Idol. But she would likely beat the other Kimberly in a fist fight, so I give her props for that.

9. The artist currently known as Trenyce, well, I have to say she's growing on me. She was in my Top 3 last night. Which is impressive since she was originally on my list to be removed from the competition post haste. We'll see if she continues to redeem herself.

If all continues to go according to plan, Carmen will be back to her hometown, in bed before her curfew, and up in time to catch the bus for school tomorrow. And per last night's performance, I think Josh may have moved to next in line on the hit list. His 'marine' novelty has worn off, and it may be time for him to report back to duty.

And, seriously, if Verdine from Earth, Wind and Fire can be a celebrity judge, why have I not been called? Come on! I can totally top his outfit, and hair, if necessary.

C.T.

PS: If you doubt the power of the Tyrant and other blogs cooperating to dictate the course of this Idol series, I refer you to another concerned blog dedicated to expelling the idiots from Idol. Are the recent course of events coincidental to our wishes via blog? I think not. But you decide for yourself. Never underestimate the power of the blog . . .

No comments: