Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Idol Ramblings
My thoughts on last night's American Idol are few. I am running out of things to make fun of, since the most joke-worthy contestants have since departed.
Pros-
1. More BeeGees!! That was by far the best music selection night yet. I'm a huge BeeGees fan. That was truly very cool. Robin Gibb, we love thee.
2. Ruben, K. Lo., and Clay performed well. I'm really becoming a fan of K. Lo. I don't care what Simon said last night. I thought she 'brought it'.
3. The stage manager laughed out loud at Ryan Seacrest.

Cons-
1. Josh showed up to perform. And he still sucked. Which hopefully will be a 'pro' if America boots him from the show tonight. Even if Randy thought "Josh, you're back, dawg." Nope. No way. No how. His first song was poorly performed. Not to mention he was extrememly out of breath for a Marine, after running all over the audience. I think he was hoping if he moved fast enough that the neither the camera nor the microphone would catch how much he sucked. He was wrong. I heard and saw it all. His second song wasn't any better. I don't know what Randy and Paula heard, but I heard bad, bad singing. I was kinda hoping his energetic romp through the audience would cause him to lose his bearings and wander off into the night, never to be heard from again. But darn the luck, he's a Marine. I think they are trained not to get lost in public places.
2. Unfortunately for Robin Gibb, he sounded like a more polite version of Simon. And by that, I mean every time he spoke I had to make sure I was looking at the screen to see that it was him. He sounded like Simon's voice and accent, but he wasn't mean or overly critical. Robin, we love thee. Simon, you merely amuse me.
3. No one did Stayin' Alive, the quintessential BeeGees song. Come on, people! Live a little! Clay??? That one would have been perfect to show off the lame hip move.
4. Clay did a new hip move.
5. Clay wore way too much red.
6. Josh and Simon did not get into a fist fight.

I fear tonight the bottom two will include K. Lo. Hopefully Josh will also be included in the bottom two, and then he will be promptly sent back to base. Preferably the MPs will make him march the whole way. Or do that thing Marines do where they run in step and sing a song.

I don't know what you've been told, (I don't know what you've been told)
Josh can't sing, a note can't hold. (Josh can't sing, a note can't hold)
Simon says that Josh does suck, (Simon says that Josh does suck)
Now Josh has run out of luck. (Now Josh has run out of luck)
Finally booted off the show, (Finally booted off the show)
Back to base now, go Josh go. (Back to base now, go Josh go)
Toilet scrubbing is for you, (Toilet scrubbing is for you)
Sing once more, you'll eat my shoe. (Sing once more, you'll eat my shoe)

Hmmm, has a nice ring to it. People, do you realize what we would be forced to listen to if Josh were to win this competition? Or even if he came in second place? Lame country versions of every song ever made. I, for one, could not take that. Send him home. Now.

Next week I would like to request an Eminem/Nelly theme. I think we need to see a rap-off. Mix things up a bit. If no rap, then how about a night of Kelly Clarkson's greatest hit?

Idol Question of the week: How many Ryan Seacrests could fit inside one Ruben-sized 205 shirt?

C.T.

No comments: