Thursday, May 22, 2003

Idol Over
So, did anyone catch who won last night? There was so much fluff and superfluous singing and clips and whatnot, I think I missed the big announcement. Was it at the end??

Not really. Congrats to Ruben, the new American Idol 2003. After a long night of reminiscing and stalling, the arduous competition is finally over.

Some memorable moments from Part 3 of the big finale:
- Worst Use of Time During a Two Hour Finale. No other network wastes an hour and forty five minutes quite like FOX. I could have done without the Singers Who Sucked montage again. Especially the second one in the form of a music video. Yes, they suck. We got it. Please make us never listen to them or see them again.

- The World's Longest Song Medley Ever, starring all the reject finalists. I counted 108 songs in that medley. But I may have missed one. And not surprisingly, the finalists that sucked the most didn't get any better during their time off. They still were unpleasant to listen to, and see. I still heard too many goat-ish vocalizations. And does anyone else notice that Julia Demato doesn't have a waist? She'd oddly shaped. And I never want to see her sing 'Let's Get Physical' again.

- Best use of a Rent-a-Choir. For the second night in a row the choir made several appearances throughout the night. I had no idea you could use a choir for so many songs. I should have voted for them to win. They rocked.

- Best Girly Pink Flamboyant Dressing Room for a Guy. Clay's dressing room must have been Ryan's at some point. That room was too pink and frilly for any respectable guy. I'm not quite sure what to think about Clay seeming to enjoy it so much in there.

- Best Celebrity in the Audience Sighting. I'm pretty sure I saw Sinbad caught on camera unexpectedly. Whatever happened to that guy? And why did American Idol draw him out of hiding?

- Best Effort to Rip Vocal Chords Out on Stage. Kelly Clarkson screaming through 'Miss Independent.' I seriously thought one of her eyeballs may just pop right out on stage, she was straining so hard. My throat hurts today thanks to watching her abuse hers last night.

The rest of it was pretty much a blur. I have to admit I didn't sit with it through the entire two hours. I fear I've reached my Idol limit for this season. It will be nice to have a break for the summer, before we go at it again in the fall. Let's try to get Paula Abdul on Extreme Makeover before the summer is over. She needs help all over.

Hmmmm. How will people get to my blog now, without searching for the latest Idol news and ending up here? I may have to blog about Idol throughout the summer, just to keep traffic coming here. Hee . . .

C.T.

No comments: