Friday, November 23, 2007

A moment of clarity

So this is what it's like to have had two whole days that were . . . dare I say . . . work-free.

I do some of my best thinking in the car, and today I had the thought that at the moment, I am not too tired (or preoccupied with the work that I can't seem to get caught up on) to do something creative with the two days left in my weekend.

I like feeling creative. It's been lost lately under piles of spreadsheets.

I don't know that I will actually do anything creative during the next two days (I'm also kind of enjoying the thought of not getting out of my pjs for the next two days).

But, sometimes I do my best creative work in my pjs.

I don't know. Do you ever get that feeling that you're on the verge of something? I am a creative-type by nature. My best creative work happens when I feel creative. I have to take advantage of those moments, and I'm not usually disappointed.

I could record a CD of my greatest hits. Earlier today, while I was singing loudly in the car, I kinda felt like I could write some songs, and then sing them. They would by default be my greatest hits, since I currently have no hits.

Maybe I'll work on my memoir. I've already got a good start on it.

I don't paint or draw, but maybe I'll crank out a masterpiece or two.

I could make a short film. Perhaps it could be about being in my pjs for the next 48 hours.

Even if I don't actually do something, the fact that I've felt like I could do something is a great thing for me right now.

How about if I type this sentence in a different color.

There. That's a little something creative.

I feel good.

C.T.

No comments: