Sunday, November 25, 2007

I am completely useless today.

And I am loving it.

I've intentionally not let myself do much of anything today. It's been a great day.

I don't even care that it's been a totally unproductive, wasted day. There is not a single thing that I need to get done today, and I'm making sure that happens.

I haven't cleaned anything.
I haven't done any laundry.
And I have certainly not showered.

Of course, I did all of my cleaning and laundry (and showering) over the last couple of days so that I would not have to do a single thing today. Is it a little bit sad that I have to plan to be unproductive to make sure I get in a solid day of rest and relaxation?

I even decided against a project or activity for today. It is cold and rainy outside, which means it is the perfect day to snuggle on the couch in my sweatpants, watch bad TV and movies, play Scrabulous all the livelong day, and just otherwise be useless.

It's genius.

All of it goes right back out the window tomorrow when it's time for work again. But for now, I am useless.

C.T.

No comments: