Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm wearing everything I own.

I'm not sure who thought it was a good idea to go to Chicago in late November, but I'm here now and . . .

IT. IS. FREEZING.

I had to walk about eight blocks or so this morning (in heels, mind you), and it was miserably cold and windy. I'm pretty sure my feet hurt after our brisk, yet icy jaunt, but my feet were so cold that I couldn't tell how bad they hurt until they thawed out about an hour later.

Who is crazy enough to live here???

For dinner tonight, I put on pretty much everything I brought with me before venturing back out into the cold.

My new rule is that I don't venture north of the Texas border between October and May.

I am fragile and unable to handle the cold.

C.T.

1 comment:

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

I went to Chicago once. In February. Since we were going to be in a club, I didn't wear my coat.

We had to walk two blocks. I was wearing a leather mini-skirt and vest (you'd have to know the club for this to make perfect sense).

It took two years for my hoohah to thaw.