Thursday, November 22, 2007

I sometimes love a parade

I'm not going to lie. I enjoy a good parade. Especially when I can watch one in the comfort of my own home, in my flannel pjs, with a good cup of coffee.

We went to the Cotton Bowl Parade one year back when that parade still existed. But all I remember about it was that I was so cold that I made my sister sit on my feet for most of the parade. Therefore, parades are sometimes better when you aren't too cold to enjoy them.

Having been in my fair share of marching bands throughout my years, I've been in quite a few parades of my own. A couple in highschool. Several in college, including George Bush's inaugural parade when he was governor of Texas (he shook my hand that day and sometimes I can't help but wonder if that is what ultimately led to his troubled presidency years later).

Sorry, everyone. My bad. I will not shake the hands of any more future Presidents of our country.

Anyway, my favorite part of parades is the marching bands. And maybe that's because I'm most familiar with that part of a parade. But when you're in a band that is in a parade, you don't get to see much of the rest of the parade. The marching band usually brings up the rear.

And you have to walk a long time. Parade's are long, y'all.

I don't sit and watch parades on TV every year when it comes time for parade season, but I'm watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this morning. Mostly because I was awakened early this morning by a "Happy Thanksgiving" text message, so I just happened to be awake early enough to catch the parade.

Just FYI, my Thanksgiving will be a lot happier if you wait until, say . . . maybe noon-ish to text me about it.

I also enjoy the Rose Bowl Parade. But that one is not on today, since it is not time for the Rose Bowl.

Makes sense.

Also, parade is a weird word, now that I've typed it a few times.

I also enjoy when the balloons in the Macy's parade are sort of deflating. I just saw Scooby Doo's floppy face. It's funny.

Parade.

C.T.

No comments: