Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I've discovered Netflix's fatal flaw.

It is postal holidays.

I watched two movies over the weekend. Normally, I would put them in the mail on Monday and I would have two shiny new movies by Wednesday.

This plan didn't work this week because yesterday was a postal holiday. For the Veterans.

Now I won't have any new movies until THURSDAY. What am I supposed to do until then?

Now, I have nothing against veterans. In fact, I like them. But I don't think it's necessarily fair that us Netflix patrons have to suffer in order to celebrate our veterans. Can't I watch a movie AND be a fan of those who served our country?

In fact, what if the movie I want to watch is Saving Private Ryan, but it doesn't come on Veteran's Day because it's a postal holiday. Or Band of Brothers. Or Black Hawk Down.

Or Private Benjamin.

Or what if a veteran wants to watch a movie on Veterans Day? Must we punish them on their own day?

Can't the post office and Netflix find a way around this? I mean, it is for the Veterans, after all.

Clearly, I am the only one thinking of our veterans.

C.T.

2 comments:

meghant said...

Watch them online fool.

God Bless America.

Peace Out Dude (as Gabriel would say)

The Cynical Tyrant said...

that's the other fatal flaw. netflix online doesn't work with the Mac.