Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I . . . need . . . hazelnut . . .

I am a fan of hazelnut in my coffee.

We've been out of hazelnut creamer at work for about a week. It's been a rough week.

I start every morning when I get to work with my cup of coffee. Depending on the quality and time spent with my coffee, this will dictate the kind of day that I have for the rest of the day.

Bad coffee = bad day. It's a fairly simple equation.

This week, being forced to drink my coffee with plain, substandard creamer, I realized that I need hazelnut in my coffee. The regular creamer at work just isn't doing it for me.

I can't possibly have a good day without my hazelnut.

A couple of days ago, I decided I couldn't take it anymore. I put on my best whiney face and my best whiney demeanor, and I pleaded for more hazelnut creamer.

I probably didn't need to do that. I probably could have just asked. But since I had already had a bad cup of coffee that morning, the best I could do was whine about it. Intensely whine about it.

Today I got the word that the hazelnut is back. I can have it in my coffee tomorrow.

The lesson we can learn from this is that whining works.

And, if you take away my hazelnut, I will certainly whine.

C.T.

1 comment:

Steve K. said...

Mmmmm. Me like hazelnut too. Now you got me craving hazelnut.