Thursday, June 19, 2003

When music and the written word come together in a weird way.
Sometimes I remember things way after they happen.

During my last drive home from Oklahoma a few weeks ago, I was seriously rockin' out to my Madonna's Greatest Hits cd. Come on. You know this is great road trip music. The first Greatest Hits better than the second one.

I don't remember where I was between Oklahoma and Texas, but just as 'Vogue' started playing, and as Madonna spoke that first line, "What are you lookin' at?" before the music starts, I looked out the window just as I passed a giant yellow billboard containing giant black letters spelling out, "What are you lookin' at?"

Obviously I was "lookin' at" the giant yellow sign and listening to Madonna ask me what I was "lookin' at." How weird is that?

C.T.

No comments: