Thursday, February 27, 2003

A sweater that could stand on it's own
My office is generally cold in the mornings. So I bought a sweater to put on when I get in the office. I wear it over my clothes. It took the place of an old shirt I used to wear for warmth, also over my clothes. The sweater, I feel, looks nicer. Not that I have anyone here to impress. Actually, I don't want to impress anyone here. But I felt it was time to look more like a Director, even though I am not convinced that I am one.

I've owned the sweater for a couple of months. It also serves as a bib. Not only does it keep me warm, but I wear it while eating lunch. I've noticed since I've had the sweater, my clothes go home a lot cleaner. It's a black sweater, so it doesn't show dirt. So either I've gotten a lot neater in my eating, which is highly unlikely. Or my sweater is serving as a bib, as well as keeping me warm, while still looking nice, since you can't see stains or dirt on the blackness of the sweater. It's multi-tasking.

I realized today, the sweater has never been washed. I wear it everyday, all day at work. Granted, over clothes. But still, it's got a couple of months of wearing, with no washing. I don't purposely deny it the right to be washed. I just don't think to take it home when it's laundry weekend.

Is that gross?

C.T.

No comments: