Friday, February 14, 2003

Same Day, Second Verse - About the Blog
Like I said, it'll be hard for me not to blog several times a day. And the funny thing is, at this point no one is even reading my blog, except for me. How I do so love to read what I write. . .

I spent some time customizing my blog. I wanted it to be aesthetically pleasing, yet simple. I think I achieved simple, since I've managed just words on a page. So here it is. I am determined to get the most out of the 'free' blog, without being tempted to pay money for an upgrade!

To explain the links on the right and get that out of the way, I'm sure they'll change from time to time, adding or subtracting some as I go. These will be links that I enjoy or visit regularly, or that might prove useful to the general public. I'm obsessed with road biking, so you'll see there's a link to an online source I found for researching bikes, parts, and whatnot. Good fun for the Tyrant!

As far as learning about me, note the link to my church and evening/weekend gig (Journey). I attend this church, and I'm also part-time staff here. No, I am not a pastor or religious leader. I just serve as best I can, doing miscellaneous stuff that seems to help in one way or another. In all my years of existence, this church has been the only church I've found where I truly feel at home, welcome to worship and pursue Christ as who I am. I've grown a lot here. But I have also learned some valuable things in working with the homeless at a very conservative faith-based homeless shelter (my full-time day job), which I'm sure is serving a purpose in shaping me into what Christ wants of me. No doubt you will hear more about both church and work as the blog goes on.

I've also included a link to email me. I'm not particularly trying to remain anonymous under my Cynical Tyrant moniker. So please feel free to email anytime. Also note the 'Shout Out' link for each blog. I'd love to hear your comments as I go. The 'Shout Out' is there for your convenience, rebuttal, praise, discussion, or discontent. Whichever suits your fancy. I do ask that you keep it clean. You never know when my parents might stop by for a read. . .

Life is full of humor. If you're not laughing, then someone is probably laughing at you. So I suggest laughing constantly. That way you win.
The Cynical Tyrant

No comments: