Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Ice Day
I would call it a 'snow' day, but the stuff outside on the ground right now doesn't exactly resemble snow. It's an icy sleet-ish mix. Whatever you call it, it equals treacherous roads for driving, say, to work. Thus, my office is closed and I am home all day. WOO-diddily-HOO!!!!

The best days off are unexpected days during the middle of the week. Vacations are great, weekends are wonderful. But those days when you aren't sick, but you don't go to work, and it's not even playing hookey- those are the best. Rare and non-planned, and that's what makes them so, so good.

I don't have to go anywhere. Truthfully, I can't go anywhere since my Jeep is a Jeep-cicle. I'm all toasty warm in my house. Plenty of food to munch on. I slept in. I sat around in my pj's most of the day, til my funk started funking me out. I don't have to do a single thing today. I don't even have to talk to anybody. And I'm in heaven.

I love having nothing to do. It doesn't bore me. I figure I've been given a free day off, so that's what I should make it. A complete day off. No errands, no cleaning, no projects, no feeling like I should be doing something. Today there is no pressure. I just get to be. And it's completely okay.

If it wasn't so dangerous, I'd wish it would sleet more often. Once a week or so. That'd be nice.

Hope your day is as peaceful as mine. If it's not, I don't really care. I don't have to care about anything today.

C.T.

No comments: