Wednesday, February 26, 2003

Ice Day - Part Deux
Another day at home, free from work! I could get used to this. Although that would likely mean I'm unemployed, and I've suffered through that already. It's not so much fun. Being home all day is way more fun knowing you do have a job to go to at some point.

However, I have found the one drawback of the free day off in the middle of the week. The drawback that puts a damper on my fun is the knowledge that tomorrow the weather will be better, and I will actually have to go back to work. It means I have to go to bed at my 'work week' time tonight. I have to do my 'getting ready for work' routine that I do in the evening, so I don't have to get up unreasonably early in the morning. I'll have to get up and fight the remnants of slick streets in the morning, to get to work. And then, to top it all off, I'll actually have to be at work tomorrow, doing, well, work. That's almost enough to ruin a perfectly good free day off.

Oh well. It's been wonderful to have two unexpected days off this week. Any days I don't have to be at work are good days. As long as it doesn't mean I'm doing something more horrible than being at work.

And for the record, I have not wasted two days worth of free time. I have paced myself so as not to overdo it. Safety first, that's my motto.

C.T.

No comments: