Monday, March 12, 2007

I learn everything I need to know about parenting from Supernanny

Granted, I don't have kids and I don't plan to have any any time soon.

But when and if they ever come, I know and understand everything I need to know to raise successful rugrats. Thanks to JoJo.

What I DON'T know or understand is the Supernanny theme song.

Dit dit do do do doo, dit dit doo do do do, dit dit do do do do, dit dit J....????

Are they saying "Jo-oohhh", like Jo's (Supernanny herself) name?

Is it "Jah-aahhhh"?

"Joy-oyyy"?

What?? That doesn't even make sense.

It's ONE word. But it's completely unintelligible.

I'm going to have to Google the lyrics. It's driving me nuts.

C.T.

UPDATE: I know you've been in suspense for the last 5 minutes while I Googled, so I won't make you wait any longer. Turns out, the theme song is an actual real song from the 80s. Apparently I'm not the first one to wonder what the hell (thanks Grandma) the Supernanny theme song is, nor am I the first to Google it.

The song is Be Good Johnny by Men at Work. And after I listened to the 30-second clip of it on iTunes, I like my interpretation of it much better. See above.

Plus, I can't quite understand why Men at Work wrote the theme for Supernanny sometime during the 80s, OR why they wrote this particular song intending for it (in the 80s) to be completely unrelated to Supernanny and a song that people would listen to all on their own. For fun.

Of course, I did stay home sick from work today and I am all hopped up on Airborne, which may or may not have been what kept me up all night wide awake and just wanting to sleep my nasty cold away but being unable to do so because I was wide-a-freakin'-awake, followed by a day on my couch of working at home (sort of) mixed with lots of episodes of Scrubs (did you know it's on quite a lot of channels all the livelong day?), and then falling asleep during Cape Fear (which makes for some interesting half-awake dreams).

So, given all of that, I may not be thinking entirely straight about JoJo's theme song.

Dit dit dit dit.

No comments: