Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The worst sock ever.

Unfortunately, it is that time of year that requires me to wear socks. I hate wearing socks. But frankly, it gets below about 90 degrees and I am chilled until it warms up to a more respectable temperature . . . like 95. And the first things to be cold are my feet, and the rest of me can't get warm unless my feet are warm.

I'm pretty much a little old lady shuffling around in my thermal socks from mid-October until April. Except I'm not all that little anymore, but that's a blog for another day.

I have this one pair of shoes that I wear to work that requires black trouser socks or else the shoes literally fall off of my feet. I have really skinny feet. Most shoes fall off. I have come to accept this. Sometimes socks help.

Last year I stocked up on black socks at Target, only to later find that every single pair of the Target socks got a hole where my left big toe is about the second time that I wore the socks.

At first, I thought I just had a bad batch of socks. So I bought another batch.

THE SAME THING HAPPENED.

Then, I assume I had a razor sharp toenail on my left big toe. So, I filed it and groomed it as such that the toe could not possibly be a threat to any sock anywhere in the world.

THE SAME THING HAPPENED.

By that time it was warm enough to not have to wear socks anymore, so I abandoned all of the socks (faulty or not) and moved on to more important things in my life.

Like pizza or something.

So, this past weekend I was at Target and I passed the sock department and I remembered that I am a bit low on socks (since they all got holes in them last year). I decided to try some more socks, but thinking that I was getting a different kind than last year, I bought more socks at Target.

I wore them yesterday.

THE SAME THING HAPPENED.




Same hole. Same sock. Same place on the same sock. The first time I wore the socks.

It CANNOT be my toe because I have filed and painted my toes, like, 108 times since I wore socks last season. And I refuse to accept that I have a gnarly sock-slicing toe that slices and dices all socks. Plus, I don't have this problem with any other socks that I own.

WHAT IS UP?!?!?

The worst socks ever. That's what.

C.T.

No comments: