Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Today, they are officially not puppies anymore.

But they will always be puppies in my heart.



Duke, in his first year of life, has discovered that he likes long romps in the mud, chewing on the house, licking, jumping, jumping, jumping, and jumping. He's good at naps with my dad in their chair and with helping my mom with the cooking in the kitchen. And after overcoming his intial fear of the stairs, he now deftly bounds up and down the stairs, willy-nilly.



Duke hopes as a grown-up one-year-old that he will develop the skills to jump with purpose, rather than for no apparent reason . . .all the livelong day.

Daisy, in her first year of life, also enjoys long romps in the mud, making high-pitched and loud screeches to be dramatic, showing you all of her toys, and jumping up on the table in the yard when she thinks no one is looking. She also enjoys naps with my dad, and could care less about what's going on in the kitchen with my mom.

As a blossoming one-year-old, Daisy hopes to conquer behaving on a leash without yelping her head off to where the neighbors are pretty sure we are torturing puppies in the back yard.



Happy Birthday to my two favorite puppies who aren't quite puppies anymore.

C.T.

2 comments:

Kilroy_60 said...

I like the...what were once puppies. And I admire you for your courage to return those medals that you won with the benefit of drugs!

All in all, I must say, an enjoyable read.

...sorry, I had to jump in a plastic trash can to get away from the swarm of wasps that flew through the window in The Writer's Nook.

Now, where was I? Oh yes, I'm pleased to say that you're the first entry in the updated (9th edition) A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere.

Will look forward to any comments you may have if you make it by for a visit.

Cheers!

meghant said...

Cute doggies.