Monday, January 19, 2004

Say it With Chocolate
My advertising people hate me. They sent me a two pound box of chocolates for my birthday, which is later this week.

There it is. Big Box o' Chocolate. Over there. Taunting me.

I'm not a huge sweets eater, as I'm neither huge, nor a big fan of sweets. But this is good chocolate. And it's my birthday week. I'm fighting an incredible urge to eat the entire box before I go home today.

So, I'm pacing myself. Or trying to, at least.

I actually can't decide if my advertising people truly hate me and want me to enormously fat when they see me for our conference next week. Or perhaps they do just want to give me something nice for my birthday.

Whatever the reason, good chocolate.

The scary thing about a big giganto box of chocolates is that they all look good, but inevitably inside a few of the chocolates is something I won't like. Sort some of creamy filling, maybe a fruity concoction. On the outside, they are all delicious. On the inside, a scary surprise.

Is it completely wrong if I take a bite out of each chocolate, then leave the morsels that repulse me for my co-workers?

To share in my birthday engorging, of course.

No reason why I should have to party all alone.

C.T.

PS: If you would like to brag about having visited the Best New Blog of 2003 today, go here and vote for me under the category Best New Weblog.

No comments: