Monday, January 19, 2004

Another Holiday I Don't Get
I mean, I understand it. But alas, I do not get Martin Luther King Day off from work as a holiday. And I'm not very happy about it.

But, rather than be bitter about it, I will look for the positive aspect of not getting a day off to honor Martin Luther King. Should he feel slighted that I am legally required not to pay homage to him today? Yes. He definitely should.

However, thanks to Mr. King, most of the rest of the world does not have to work today. Which means there was very little traffic for me to deal with this morning. I arrived to work in record time, without hassle or obstacles working against me.

Sure, I don't get to celebrate this great man and his accomplishments for mankind, as I'm forced to come to my office and work very, very hard all day, not allowing me a spare moment to remember Mr. King and his great historical impact on the world.

But, because of him, I made it in to work much earlier than the 'getting to work early' fiasco of last week.

So I say, Happy MLK Day, everyone.

I got to work on time.

C.T.

PS: If you would like to have read the preceding example of blogging brilliance from an award-winning blog, go here and vote for me to win a Bloggie in the Best New Weblog category.

No comments: