Friday, September 28, 2007

Garage Sale Eve

Oh my goodness. I'm so tired of junk. There is junk everywhere and I don't know where it came from or how it got here, but tomorrow it all goes away.

Tonight I loaded up the rest of my junk to take over to my parents' house to put with their junk for our garage sale tomorrow.

But first, we needed to carbo-load at Luby's. Did you know that senior citizens only get a senior discount at Luby's on Tuesday nights?

That's insane!

Um, is Luby's not aware that the average age of everyone in their restaurant on any given night of the week is 71? And it's probably the same 71-year-olds every night. Why not give them a discount every night? You know they only eat half of their meals anyway, then wrap up the other half in a napkin and tuck it in their purses for breakfast tomorrow morning . . . which they don't actually eat the next morning because they forget about it.

You realize that old people's purses are full of half-eaten sandwiches and other dinner scraps, right? It's true.

Anyway, there's a lot of junk in my folks's house right now. My junk plus their junk.

It's craptacular, to be quite honest.

Everything is priced and ready for tomorrow. Plus, I blew up balloons. My mom made me do it.

We discovered that the puppies are afraid of balloons.

I hate garage sales.

C.T.

No comments: