Saturday, July 02, 2005

Human Jungle-gym
I am in Thailand. And yesterday I experienced (can't say "got" because it was something much more than getting, it was an experience) my first Thai massage.

Now, if you've never experienced a Thai massage, it is quite unique. A very tiny Thai girl proceeds to have her way with you for an hour (or two- we just ordered for one hour), then you are left in a pile of tenderized muscled to decided if you are still able to walk yourself out of the massage place. I was poked, pushed, prodded, and dare-I-say touched in places I didn't know I had.

It started with a foot massage, and for those of you who know me, you know that I hate people touching my feet. It happened before I could protest. But, it felt good. I managed not to freak out. Except the part where she pulled my toes. Each one. Til they popped. I had to double check that I left with all of my toes still attached.

These are things that went through my head during the hour of massage-ness (WARNING- Dudes, you will likely want to re-read this several times):

"I had no idea my leg could twist that way!"

"Ooh! That's an odd sensation..."

"I think her knee is.... um yep that's where it is."

"I'm pretty sure she's sitting on me."

"No, actually I'm pretty sure she is now standing on me."

"Wow, I've never been walked on before. Interesting."

"Um.... yeah now she's laying on me."

"Ooh, now I'm laying on her...."

"I'm pretty sure I will never have children now. But right now I am too weak too care."

All in all, things popped that have never popped before. Things twisted in ways that they have never twisted before. Basically I was like a human jungle-gym. It's like this girl trained for the Olypmics on gymnastics equipment, and when she didn't make the Thai team she turned her talents to Thai massage.

I was pummeled. For an hour. Not believing that the human body could take that kind of punishment for TWO hours.

And I will go back and do it again on Monday.

It was amazing.

C.T.

No comments: