Sunday, July 24, 2005

TIDBITS
Random things on my mind at the moment:

Dustbuster
My parents bought me a dustbuster for Christmas.


It has since become my favorite household appliance. I dustbust everything. There is no end to the things you can dustbust. No need to drag out the entire vacuum cleaner for a quick cleanup. Just dusbust it.







I spilled some coffee grounds on the floor today. Dustbusted.
Flower pedals all over the table from the flowers Boy J left for me when I got home from Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam. Dustbusted.
Unreasonable amounts of hair on the bathroom floor. Dustbusted.

All of these functions of the dusbuster make it worthwhile, in and of themselves. But the best use I've found for the dustbuster is.... sucking up bugs.

Kill a spider with a shoe? Dusbust it.
Even those big roach-like water bugs. Dustbust it.

I will never have to touch a dead bug again. Or a live one, for that matter. And for this reason, the Dustbuster is a must-have.

Bowls
Last week I only ate stuff at home that went in bowls: Cereal. Soup. Ice cream. I don't know why. I didn't plan it. I just seemed to only be hungry for things in bowls.

Then I ran out of bowls. Turns out even though I have a lot of bowls, if I eat only things that go in bowls, I run out of bowls.

But, I did not run out of wanting to eat things in bowls. So, my dishwasher bowl area was full of bowls, but not completely full enough to run. I was hungry for bowl things, but had no bowls.

I didn't eat much after that. Except for things in restaurants. But today I ran the dishwasher. I'll be less hungry now.

Lance
I've been on the Lance Armstrong bandwagon for awhile. I might love him. I also love Sheryl Crow, so it's ok. We're all cool with the love I have for both of them. Today he won his 7th Tour de France.

I'm obsessed with watching cycling on t.v. I'm sure for most people that cycling is about as boring as NASCAR is to people who could care less about watching cars go around in a circle 108,000 times. But still, I could watch cycling all day.

It's a good thing I don't get the OLN channel, or no one would have seen me for the past three weeks. I would have been glued to the OLN channel watching the Tour all day.

Congrats, Lance.

I should get back on my bike.

Friends who are Rockstars
I saw CCE's band Far Star last night. I was super impressed. I'm just amazed by my friends who create, make, and play music. I love rockstars. I liken myself to being a rockstar yet undiscovered. A rockstar trapped in a non-hip white girl's body.

I'm just so impressed and blown away by my friends who are so dedicated to pursuing their rockstar dreams. I love it, and them for making my world more musical.

Go see Far Star. Buy a CD (they will try to give you one for free, but please offer them money for it). They rock.

Friends, in general
I'm proud of all my friends today. For a variety of reasons. They are amazing people and they often make me proud.

But, friends also perplex me. Some friends, I can tell them anything, any time, and it's cool. I can tell them I'm proud, and it is good. Other friends, I could write about here all day, and they will never read it. I could say anything I want. And they would never know.

Conversely, I could tell them, directly, to their face, what I would write, and they would still never hear it. I used to tell them anything and it was cool.

So, now is it a waste of time and energy to write or say it?

Or is there any truth to that whole "shower the people you love with love" that James Taylor goes on about.

Sometimes I think that whole sentiment is a bunch of hooey, and that James Taylor (and later Mylon LeFevre - the only one who will get this is Benanti) is straight up crazy.

Internet Connection
For the past couple of weeks, my internet connection at home just stops. At will. For no reason. I then unplug my cable modem and let it sit, and when I plug it back in it will work again for awhile.

I figure the modem is wearing out. I need to call Comcast and see what's up.

But, I haven't. The whole thing is annoying. But, I think I'm kinda lazy sometimes. It's just one more thing I need to deal with, and I really just want my internet to work without having to call anybody about it. They will make me unplug it and plug it in again, even though I will tell them I just did that. They will ask me a bunch of questions. They will have me restart my computer. They will want to send out a technician. I will have to wait for them between the hours of 8am and 12 noon, and they will arrive at 11:55am.

And in the end, they will give me a new modem, even though that is what I will tell them I need from the beginning.

But, actually, with my internet being unreliable, this week it has probably kept me out of trouble. From email. It's kept me from sitting online so much, and that's probably been good.

So maybe I won't call for awhile. I don't need to be online so much.

Hungry
I'm hungry. I think I will go put something in a bowl and eat it now.

C.T.

No comments: