Tuesday, July 26, 2005

STILL MORE Tidbits
Folks, I can't stop the random.

Fashion
I am certainly not a fashion monger. Most days I match and whatnot. But some days I get to my closet and can only piece together something I am only mildly embarrassed to wear out of the house.

What is wrong with me?

I shop. Sometimes. And when I'm in stores I put on clothes that seem to be in style, look good, fit, and don't cost a kidney to carry out of the store with me.

Then I get home, and two weeks later I hate all of my clothes again. Where do all of my cool clothes go?

I don't care enough about fashion to shop often. Nor to spend much on clothes. I like to look good, but comfort always comes first. I don't wear heels. I rarely wear skirts (not because I don't like them, I'm just out of the habit). I am business casual at work, with emphasis on the "casual" as far as I can get away with it. I like funny t-shirts and jeans.

What I do know is this: pleats are NEVER the answer.

Mariah Carey
Today my boss was raving about the new Mariah Carey song. Apparently it's her big comeback.

But my question is, did we really need her to come back?

I was quite ok with her being away.

Wait! Let me check.....

Yep, I didn't miss her.

Serving Size
Why is it that the recommended serving size on a package of anything is way less food than I want to eat? Are these serving sizes based on people half the size of normal people?

Last night I made pasta and broccoli. Before you say it outloud, yes I realize that tortellinis and broccoli do not go together. However, most of my meals consist of whatever I'm in the mood to eat. And if I look in the freezer and see frozen broccolis and tortellinis, chances are that's a meal.

Anyway, I carefully measured out 3 servings of tortellinis and 2 servings of broccoli. I intended to have broccoli and tortellinis for 2 dinners, and another serving of tortellini for lunch.

What I got was barely enough food for two meals. I cleaned out the meager ration of broccoli in just a few bites.

Now, I'm relatively small. But admittedly, I can eat a whole lot of food. I wasn't that hungry. But I tell you, someone needs to re-evaluate the serving sizes posted on most packages of food. It's very misleading.

Because, the servings I get at home compared to the servings I get in a restaurant = NOT THE SAME.

It doesn't add up.

Sprinkler Timer
Whoever invented the water sprinkler timer is my new best friend. My dad bought one for me a few weeks ago, and I have no idea how I've survived two summers in the house without it.

True, it's not as fancy as a sprinkler system, with which I could program my yard watering choreography to my heart's content.

But, for the less rich of the world like me, the timer is a blessing. I can attach it to the hose, fire up the sprinkler, set the timer for as long as I want... AND WALK AWAY. I can completely forget that I'm watering the yard, and it's okay!

The sprinkler will shut itself off!!

I bought another one for my front yard. Now I have two.

Best $10 I've ever spent.

Mood
So, I'll admit. I'm moody.

I've been in a funk for quite some time. When was the last time pleats were cool? That may be the last time I can say I've been funk free.

But maybe I'm in less of a funk these past few weeks.

Vacation helps. Otherwise, I've got no explanation.

And it could change at any moment.

I'm moody. It's what keeps the sarcasm biting, and the wit sharp.

C.T.

No comments: