Saturday, July 09, 2005

All good things must come to an end
I really hate that. And whoever invented that statement.

Tomorrow I head home from my whirlwind adventure through Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam. I've had a fabulous time with my fabulous Friends C & A. But I have not spent enough days in any of those places to do them justice. It's really been an amazing adventure, and I'm super sad to go home.

I mean, dudes. I saw PIGS go by on a motorbike in Cambodia. Seriously. How can I stand to leave a country that lets their pigs travel on bikes???

I can't even do it justice to sum up the trip. Ankgor Wat in Cambodia was the highlight for me. I climbed all over those ancient Buddhist temples like I was a kid again (and not anywhere near 29 years of age. I may have embarrassed A & C a bit... heee). I climbed to the top of everything that would let me climb as high as I could go. I made my way through dark passages and twisty, windy tunnels that led further and further into ancient temples. It was all very Indiana Jones (which I have to confess has been a childhood obsession of mine), and also very Tomb Raider.

I mean, dudes. I climbed through the temple where Tomb Raider was filmed. The ONLY thing that would have made it more awesome is if 1) Tomb Raider was actually a good movie, and b) Angelina Jolie had been there to greet me and climb through the temple with me, as though we were friends.

In any case, I took at least 108 pictures of Ankor Wat alone. I hope at least half of them turn out to be good pictures.

I've spent the last day and a half here in Vietnam, and I will leave from here tomorrow night. I love Vietnam. I will need to come back to these places someday and spend more time.

But for now, I will go have my last fun Asian dinner. I will buy some more souvenirs and gifts for $1 or so. And I will spend my last day tomorrow touring some pagodas and a museum, and eating more good food.

I've been sick since Tuesday, trouble breathing, coughing and whatnot. Today my face got ridiculously swollen, but it's better now. I may have been bitten by something, but I have yet to see a bite mark anywhere. And yet, today I biked through the Mekong Delta on a mountain bike, through a coconut jungle.

I mean really, dudes. It doesn't get much better than that.

Same, same, but different.

C.T.

No comments: