Wednesday, July 20, 2005

WHERE ARE ALL THE WOMEN????
I have to admit right now, I'm angry. Why?

Because I'm blogging.

See, what I should be doing right at this moment, instead of blogging, is playing second base in a softball game. But what I am not doing right at this moment is playing second base in a softball game.

Here's why.

We had to forfeit the game because we couldn't get enough girls to play tonight. I am sorely disappointed in my fellow females. I LOVE my softball games. I look forward to it every week.

Sure, I understand it is hard to make the early games. Things come up. I myself have missed one game this season, due to being out of the country. I don't expect everyone to be at every game. But, to not have enough of us to even play the game? Unacceptable. We may suck, but we do have some standards to at least show up.

Now, I don't do this very often. If ever. But I'm calling out the girls on the team. Why? Because we have 108 girls on the team and/or signed up as subs to play. Coach J-Lay would not even allow us to sign up to play if we don't have enough girls and guys to more than cover a few people unable to show up.

So tell me, how do we only end up with 3 girls available and/or willing to play out of those 108 girls?

Where is your committment? Where is your dedication?

WHERE ARE ALL THE WOMEN????

If you sign up to play, be there. We depend on you. If you sign up as a sub, be available to fill in.

I apologize for scolding. Well, only a little. At least we have another late game tonight where I can take out my frustration.

I paid to play all of the games in a season. Today I paid for a game that I did not get to play, because the rest of my ladies can't be there.

I want my money back for this game.

C.T.

No comments: