Saturday, July 02, 2005

My new Thai boyfriend
Hopefuly Boy J will not be too jealous. I will, after all, leave my new Thai boyfriend here in Thailand.

Yesterday Friend C and I took a taxi here in Bangkok and we met my new Thai boyfriend. He asked our names, and then decided I was beautiful. He proceeded to say my name over and over again, and it went something like this:

"Sari.... Sari.... Sari.... Sari...."

Naturally this is not my name. But it's the way he decided my name sounded. He even wrote it down on a piece of paper. While driving the busy streets of Bangkok, no less.

He continued to talk to us, some in English. But some Thai. I speak no Thai. But Friend C gets around pretty good with the Thai. So the taxi driver would ask me a question, and Friend C would answer on my behalf.

It was hilarious.

He asked how old I was. I told him 29, honestly. His response was:

"Sari... so young! Sari... so young! Sari... so young!"

I fell in love with him right then.

But I don't think it will work out between us. Maybe it's the language barrier. Maybe it's the big hairy mole he had on his left cheek. Maybe it's that he said he was 49 years old. And that is too old for me, since I am so young at 29.

But it was FUNNY.

Funniest. Taxi ride. Ever.

Too bad it didn't get us a free cab ride. Me being so young and beautiful and all.

That would have been sweet.

C.T.

No comments: