Friday, December 05, 2003

Ok, where is my nomination?
Something is seriously wrong in the world if these two people are nominated for Grammys, but I am not.

And honestly, could you stand to listen to either of these two people reading on a tape? Are these the sound/quality of voices deserving a Grammy? I mean, when I think 'Grammy', I think fine musicians, and/or people with CDs that other people enjoy listening to, more than once. Could you listen to Bill Clinton reading, more than once? This whole idea just seems bizarre to me. Can you picture the awards show with Bill receiving his award, running on stage with thirty of his 'peeps', giving a 'shout out' to the fans, and thanking God for his talent to read out loud? It's just not making sense to me.

Not to mention, is reading all it takes to get a Grammy these days? Because let me tell you, I can read. I can out-read anybody, anytime, anyplace. Just give me a book. I'll show you.

I'm long overdue for a Grammy.

C.T.

No comments: