Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Happy Freakin' Holidays
I'm not really a fan of Christmas anymore. I know, it's the birth of my Savior and that's very, very important. I am very thankful of that and I do my best to put some focus there. But the joy of that tends to become clouded by extreme sadness of another Christmas without my sister. It just never seems to suck any less, but somehow we manage.

In an effort to not bum out the entire reading population of my blog, I will save my Christmas commentary until after the holidays have passed. But I will share that the worst thing about what I feel during this time of year is knowing that I'm not the only one. It's nearly unbearable sadness, and I wish no one else knew what that felt like.

To all of you dealing with loss during the holidays, I'm sorry. I wish I had something to blog to make it better, for all of us.

But since Christmas insists on coming around year after year, all I can do is wish you all a . . .

Merry Freakin' Christmas.

C.T.

PS: I will be blog-less for awhile, due to holiday travel. Carry on in fine fashion without me until I return.

No comments: