Thursday, December 04, 2003

Making a Bad Day Better
Yesterday was not a good day. However, two things made it significantly better, and kept me from having a breakdown in the middle of lunch.

1. For lunch, I treated myself to my favorite sandwich from the sandwich shop downstairs. Something about this sandwich just makes things seem better. Better, that is, until I get to the end of the sandwich. Unfortunately it cannot truly change my world for the better. But sometimes, I'll take what I can get and just enjoy my sandwich.

2. Last night, I was greeted by a surprise Nick and Jessica sighting on my TV. I flipped through the channels and stumbled upon the NYC Rockefeller Center tree lighting thing, and there they were, singing Silent Night. Of course, later they each sang a song from their respective CDs, which I'm pretty sure were not Christmas songs. But I didn't care. And I also may find them slightly annoying to watch while they sing. But again, I don't care. And since they are my new best friends, I have added their CDs to my list for Santa. Not because I like them singing, but because I owe it to them as my friends to support their music careers.

Between The Sandwich and The Simpson, I managed to survive the day.

Now I have to figure out what to do about today.

C.T.

No comments: