Wednesday, December 17, 2003

I may have a problem.
For most of the morning, I couldn't get to Blogger. Part of my morning ritual is to check on my blog, to make sure it's okay. Not necessarily to read it or write anything new. It's just part of my routine. I get to the blog, see that it's with me, then I move on to the business of the day. I want to make sure it's still there and in good health.

It's a security/comfort thing. All is well if the blog is well.

This morning, I typed 'blogger.com' into my browser and MSN Explorer wouldn't even recognize the page. I searched for Blogger. No Blogger. By all accounts, Blogger no longer existed.

I typed in my blog address. Nothing. No recognition. By all accounts, Cynical Rantings no longer existed.

I knew logically it had to be there somewhere. Blogs and entire websites don't just disappear one day for no reason, right??? Blogger was likely experiencing a technical difficulty. I knew at some point the blog would return and the world would be right again.

But honestly? I was very on-edge. I didn't know what to do. I felt very cut off from the outside world. I felt like something was missing. Sure, I could surf any number of other websites. But being prone to 'Rainman' tendencies, I didn't know what to do next, not being able to check the blog in sequence with the rest of my morning.

I need my blog. In order. Other things come after checking the blog. Since I couldn't check the blog, I was at a loss.

Is there such thing as a Blog Twelve-Step Program?

I think I may have a problem. I literally took a deep breath of relief once I was able to get to the blog.

Now I can get on with my day.

C.T.

No comments: