Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Understanding The Tyrant
So many of my 5-7 readers, and many friends who are not necessarily my readers, ask me 'Who is the Tyrant? What makes her tick? Why does she seem to hate me and people in general? What is her problem? Is she in a coma? Why is she so hard to know? Why doesn't she like to hang out with me? Why is she such a hermit? What drives her brilliance and sharp wit? Why can't I be more like her?' Well, I have found something that can shed a little light into the dark shadow of the mystery of the Cynical Tyrant.

Thanks to Tim Samoff for the link to this article about my people: introverts.

I may write some of my thoughts on some of the characteristics in the article as it particularly pertains to me at a later time. For now, I will let the article speak for itself. Simply substitute 'she' every time you read 'he', and 'Tyrant' every time you read 'Jonathan', and you will have a fairly accurate description of life from my point of view. It's not entirely accurate or applicable to me personally, but it's probably the best summary I've read about introverts, why we are the way we are, why we do what we do, and the lives we lead.

I can really, really relate to it. And you are now one step closer to knowing the real me.

C.T.

No comments: