Wednesday, October 29, 2003

Some people run 26.2 miles, I prefer to write 50k words.
It's a different sort of marathon.

Ok, so I'm thinking of trying this. I saw links to it on a couple of other blogs, so I decided to check it out. It will be a challenge, but I think I can do it. I've always wanted to write a novel, so this seems like a fun way to dive into my first novel.

The challenge is to write a 50,000 word novel in one month, the month of November. Writing starts on November 1 (3 days away!), and ends on November 30. I'm not sure exactly where I will find the time for this, or if I have the attention span to stick with it, but I think it will be good to give it a go.

The cool part is, the novel doesn't even have to be any good. The point is just to write a novel. About anything. Even if it sucks.

Here's what I need: Ideas for my novel. Since I'd have to get started on this in 3 days, I need a fabulous idea to inspire me. I don't win anything if I complete the 50,000 words, except acknowledgement that I did it. So if I use your idea, you don't win anything, either. Except acknowledgement on my blog for inspiring me.

So, if you have any brilliant, funny, silly, poignant ideas, leave a comment below. I appreciate it.

If I find something I like, or think of something myself, I'll be signing up for Nanowrimo, and commencing my noveling on Saturday. I'll keep you posted.

C.T.

No comments: