Friday, October 24, 2003

My Protest
I want all of you to know that I am vehemently, whole-heartedly, adamantly, definitely, superfluously against setting my clock back an hour this weekend for Anti-Daylight Saving Time.

Sure, they make it sound like a cool thing with the promise of an extra hour of sleep Saturday night. But did you forget that they took that hour away last spring? So it's not really an extra hour after all. It's an hour they owed you anyway.

Not to mention, now it will be dark by 5:00 everyday. I HATE THAT. I can't stand leaving my office everyday in darkness. I like to arrive home with plenty of time to enjoy my yard for a bit before I call it a night. Arriving home in pitch black darkness makes me want to go straight to bed, even though it's only 6:00. When it's dark in the morning on the way to work, and dark again on my way home from work, I can only assume the sun has completely left the solar system until April.

I enjoy long sunny days. Why must they take that from me, telling me they are saving it? There is no daylight saving. If that were true, there should be enough stored up somewhere in a secret vault, for just such a time as these next few dark, cold months of winter to come.

Be warned. As you all giddily roll your clocks back an hour before you go to bed on Saturday night, as you giggle like school girls at the thought of a whole extra hour of sleep even though you've stayed up an hour later, anyway. As you rejoice in the thought that fall is here and the weather is cooler, be afraid. For my winter depression begins at the stroke of 2:00am Sunday morning, and will not dissolve until April when the sun emerges once again.

I protest the whole Daylight Non-Saving Ploy.

Grrrrrr.

C.T.

No comments: