Friday, October 10, 2003

Bah-humbug to Wedded Bliss
I'm a bit bah-humbug when it comes to weddings. But that's only because I haven't had one of my own to get excited about, yet.

Sure, I'm happy for friends and family of mine that get married. I love to see true love and happiness, and I'm always honored to witness the occassion. I cry like a big sap, even though I try not to let people see such a sensitive side of me. I'm all about romance and finding that special someone, and it's a thrill to see people I love and care about find that person and embark on forever together.

It's just about dang time it happened for me, too. That's all I'm sayin'.

Tomorrow I'm off to another wedding. It will be a fun day, and a joyous occassion. An adventuresome roadtrip with lots of friends to watch two of our other friends get hitched. I am truly looking forward to it, but with mixed feelings. It's weird to watch people you know end up with someone, to know them before and after they found their true love. It's great, and exciting. But weird.

And it's about dang time the whole weird, exciting thing happened for me, too. That's all I'm sayin'.

They say weddings are a great place to meet guys, so you'd think I'd be excited about the possibility of meeting my true love at someone else's wedding. Whatever. That only works for other people. Never for me. The guys at my family weddings are all related to me (although at times I fear one of my family members doesn't care about that little detail). And the guys at friends' weddings are the other people like me who have been to a million weddings, to watch other people tie the knot on the loose end I still seem to be. We show up with a group of friends to mask our alone-ness, but when the dance party gets started, we're looking for the punchbowl. Alone.

It's really about dang time I found the other end of my knot to tie, so I can send him to the punchbowl for me. That's all I'm sayin'.

Aaaah. Wedded Bliss.

Bah-humbug.

C.T.

No comments: