Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Conversations?
More and more, my blog has become a conversation that I haven't had with people. People will say something to me or talk about something that I wrote about here on my blog, although not in the context of 'Hey, I read this on your blog.' They'll repeat a phrase I've written, or look at me with a knowing look like we're both in on the same joke about something, yet these are things I haven't yet talked about in actual conversation form. I think.

It's great and quite funny really, but a little trippy for me. I'm thrilled that people are interested enough in me and/or my blog to read my ramblings here. But I have a bad enough memory problem as it is, so when someone makes a comment or a joke related to something I blogged about, it takes a minute for me to remember that I didn't actually have a conversation about it, but it is on my blog for people to read. Keeps me on my toes, that's for sure.

I don't forget that people can read my blog as it is on the world wide web for all to see (and I don't forget that tuna is not actually chicken), but I think I sometimes forget that people I know actually do read it. Quite often.

Of course, mentioning this will provide an excellent opportunity for people to mess with my affliction, making comments to me and insisting that we did, in fact, have a lengthy conversation about it that I should absolutely remember. Be warned, I am already on to you.

My blog seems to also have become a place for people to check up on me, get the scoop, yada yada. I guess I tell better stories in print than in real life. I don't ever want the blog to take the place of conversations, and I definitely write things here knowing that people do stop in here and read and will likely enquire about it later. Everything here is up for conversation and okay for public knowledge.

It's just funny sometimes to have written something that someone mentions later, as though we are both on the same page of knowledge about it, yet I'm fairly sure I haven't had a conversation with them about it, yet.

Hopefully it's just the blog, and not people inside my head.

C.T.

No comments: