Sunday, July 15, 2007

Ninja Reality TV

Um, it just doesn't get any better than this:



I finally got a chance to watch this show, and it is amazing. I don't know what is better: that is in Japanese with English lead-ins, or that people are really serious about this.

I mean, as a ninja, I can tell you that ninjas don't really need a reality show to qualify for ninja status. If you are a ninja, you know it. If you aren't, conquering an obstacle course is not going to make you any more of a ninja than you were before you started the obstacle course.

But, I appreciate that people have the desire to train to become a ninja. I mean, some of the people competing on this Ninja Warriors show (according to the Japanese announcer) have dedicated their lives to training to be able to finish this obstacle course, at which time they will be crowned as a Ninja Warrior.

Sadly, that rolling log feat gets everyone who attempts the first level almost every time. Seriously, if you can't handle that, you are nowhere near being a ninja.

But again, if you aren't already a ninja, hanging on to that rolling log isn't going to help you now.

Don't get me wrong, this show is amazing and highly entertaining. It just won't make you a ninja.

Thanks to Ninja Gmama for alerting me to Ninja Warrior.

Ninja C.T.

1 comment:

meghant said...

Great show huh? I love that it's where washed up Olympic Athletes go to compete. Did you see Paul and Morgan Hamm (the gymnasts) on there? There was an American Decathlete as well. If you go G4's website you enter a competition for them to send you to Japan to compete in the next Ninja Warrior competition.