Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Cleaning the proverbial bathrooms of life (or your job)

Turk: The bathrooms around here are filthy.
Janitor: No one ever thanked me for cleaning them, so I quit cleaning them.

And . . . scene. From Scrubs.

Friday marks my three-year anniversary at my current job. Yep, three years. I'm really proud of that. It's the longest I've been at a job, with the exception of my church job that I recently no longer have. I had that job for five and a half years.

I'm pretty sure the traditional Three Year Anniversary celebration is a parade, and possibly a gold-plated hole puncher. I can report back on that after I get back to the office on Friday.

At the very least, I'm pretty confident that I'll get at least one thanks for doing what I do and for accomplishing three years of doing it. It's always nice to get even a little recognition for another year of service.

And a donut. I'm pretty sure I'll get a donut.

I'm kinda hoping for the gold-plated hole-puncher, though. I would trade the donut for that.

C.T.

No comments: