Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Something about that face . . .
I don't know if it was the delirium of my illness that intensified the moment, but as I lay at home again on the couch yesterday slipping in and out of consciousness, an unexpected bit of excitement interrupted my fog of disease-ridden existence.

I could only muster a moment's worth of energy to be excited. But alas, I did get excited. After all, these are exciting times. And this was an exciting thing. For me.

I saw the UPS man approaching my door from my spot on the couch. I heard the truck first, the sound of which pulled me out of a nap-type place of peace and tranquility, and possibly some sort of fever. As I looked out the window, there I saw the brown UPS truck. A man got out and came towards my door.

I slowly heaved myself off the couch and into a standing position, stumbled over to the door, and opened it just as he dropped a package at the door and rang the bell. Could it be?? It just might be.

It was a tiny package. Almost the tiniest UPS package I'd ever seen. It was soft, as I suspected it might be if the contents were what I thought they might be.

I found some scissors to open the package, careful not to damage what was waiting inside to greet me. I reached inside, pulled out the item, unfolded it, and stared down into . . .

. . . my face. On a t-shirt.

I'm kinda goofy looking. But it's about the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. I look great on a t-shirt. And I can actually say it looks good, not in that 'I made it, therefore I have to like it' sort of way.

The whole thing is really, really fun for me.

If you see someone wearing a shirt with a face on it that resembles a goofier version of the person wearing the shirt, it's likely me- the one person on earth who is so far wearing my stuff.

Totally worth it.

C.T.

No comments: