Thursday, March 18, 2004

Catching up on TV
So, being out of the country for ten days put me way behind on my TV watching. I know. It's terrible, really.

But, I'm finally catching up. Taped TV is almost better than real TV because I can watch more of it in a shorter amount of time. And I always say, the more TV, the better. I'm now up to date on American Idol, America's Next Top Model, and Survivor. I can breathe again.

So, now we are down to three models on ANTM. This week's episode was chock full of drama, best summed up here by a Blog Alliance co-hort. Seriously, I believe in addition to the ridiculous amounts of superfluous risky behavior and questionable choice of photographic integrity, there was once again a tremendous amount of crying and drama. These girls ask for it by being so, so very stupid. But entertaining, of course. Literally, there was more wailing and gnashing of teeth in this one episode than in all of Biblical times.

Then came American Idol and the Top 12 Finalists. I'm not actually overly annoyed at anyone this season, which is kinda taking the fun out of it for me. But last night Leah "I have an attitude and a new last name to go with it" LaBelle went home, and I was glad. She definitely deserved to be the first to go. Although I will go ahead and say that it's pretty mean to make the two dueling losers sing again in front of everyone after they know one of them is going home because they suck. It's cruel, really. And it's not like their singing gets any better through the crying and bad attitude.

My favorite singer at this point (strictly based on talent) is probably Fantasia. She's kind of annoying when she talks, and I'm still working on accepting that we may have an Idol named 'Fantasia'. But I do enjoy her performances.

Otherwise, my overall favorite is Jon Peter, because he is so very cute and so very silly, and I do so enjoy that. He won't win, but hopefully he will get to stick around for many weeks to come, entertaining us all with that horrible dancing and silliness. I do so enjoy the silliness.

I also (against my better judgement) fell slightly in love with Matt Rogers, after his package (the judges call it that, so why can't I?). A big strong football-playing dude who also enjoys bubble baths, can grow hair on his head on command, and is good with kids?? Me likey.

Unless she literally transforms into Celine Dion for next week, I predict Amy Adams may be the next to go. But it's hard to tell this season. And it's still early enough that any of the remaining eleven Finalists can whole-heartedly annoy me.

One thing is for sure, Ryan Seacrest is still very, very tiny. How is he so tiny? Tiny.

C.T.

No comments: