Tuesday, March 30, 2004

News Happened Today
Lately I've noticed that headlines are really, really lame. Or maybe the lame-ness lies in the subject matter of the stories I hear or read about in the news. I'm not a big fan of the news, anyway. But I do check the news daily, just to make sure the world hasn't blown up while I was asleep or in the bathroom.

Today I read that "Consumer confidence remains virtually unchanged in March." Yeah? So? This was a lead story. Basically they're telling me that everything is the same. It's a waste of space. Let me know when consumer confidence plummets or skyrockets. Then it might be worth a minute of my time to read that story.

Last night I hear on the news that "some exercise may be good for diabetes." These kinds of health stories are the best. Is this 'some' exercise, as opposed to 'no' exercise? Isn't 'some' exercise good for just about everything, or in general? This is like telling me that standing absolutely still will not help you lose weight. Or that drinking caffeine before going to bed may keep you awake. Or that eating at McDonalds everyday may cause your kids to get fat. We know this. It's not news.

Here's another highly imformative story I saw today: "SUVs have put a dent in minivans' popularity." Really. You can't be serious. Minivans aren't cool anymore? SUVs are popular? I had no idea.

Also, in case you're wondering, "Plastic On Lawn Mowers, Tractors May Crack." But, it may not.

And, "Stock market averages struggle." I'm shocked at this revelation. Is this a new issue?

In other health news, "Survey: Children Aren't Getting Enough Shuteye," because no one knew it was hard to get kids to go to sleep. "Everyday Workouts Can Cause Hand, Wrist Pain," so be sure not to workout using your hands or wrists everyday. "Childhood Foods Not Best Choices For Adults," so make sure to stay away from the string cheese, Fruit Roll-ups, and frozen fish sticks, but only if you're an adult. Because otherwise that stuff is good for kids. But if you choose to go with fruit and veggies, beware- "Some Fruits, Veggies Healthier Than Others." Of course, some fruits and veggies are also not as healthy as others. But that didn't make the news today.

And lastly, a day isn't complete without some shocking entertainment news. So today we learn that "Tom Cruise Makes Some Life Changes." Really. Changes. Life changes.

My, what an informative news day.

News happened today.

C.T.

No comments: