Thursday, March 04, 2004

Achtung
I say that because it is the only German word I know at the moment, even though I am going to Germany tomorrow.

You heard me. Germany. Tomorrow.

The Tyrant is taking a much needed vacation. I haven't taken a vacation of length, well, since I was unemployed for eleven months a few years ago. And that wasn't so much a 'vacation', as it was a time of 'forced involuntary reflection away from a working environment.' There's just no good way to spin 'laid-off.'

So, for the next week or so, there will be no blogging here, as I will be galavanting (yes, I do plan to actually galavant, whatever that is) throughout Germany. I don't plan to get to a computer much, if at all. But if I do I may try to blog a brief bloglet from Germany, just so I can say I'm an international blogger.

I will definitely be wearing my Cynical Rantings shirt whilst in Germany. So German fans (or fan), be on the lookout for a girl wearing a shirt with a cartoon version of the same girl on the front of the shirt. Point and laugh if you must. I'll blog about it later.

In order to pass the time whilst The Tyrant is away, here are a few things you can do:

1. Re-read everything on my blog.
Start with the archives from February, 2003 and work your way to the present. You'll see the progression from novice blogger to the polished professional blogger you see before you today. If that task is too daunting, stick to the 'My Finer Works' section. It's a list of my finer works (based solely on my own opinion), listed conveniently for you to browse and click and read.

2. Bring a friend to my blog.
This is a great time for you to introduce a friend to the World of The Tyrant. Together, you can wade through the archives. With fresh eyes on the blog, you may see it like you've never seen it before.

3. Show my blog to a publisher friend of yours, negotiate a generous writing contract for me, and have a brand new writing job waiting for me when I get back.
I would love nothing more than to return to a brand new writing job and career. You can be responsible for that. As my agent, you will certainly share in my fame and fortune, should you be responsible for making it happen.

4. Visit the blogs linked from here.
I support other blogs. They're listed to the right. Go there. Read. Enjoy. They're good people with good blogs.

5. Paint your bathroom.
See here.

6. Start your own blog.
Remember to always come back here for good blog reading fun. But if you don't already blog, start one. It's really fun.

And, the most important thing in the world . . .
7. Buy my stuff and wear and/or use it.
Simply put, go here. Buy my stuff. Wear and/or use it. I'd love nothing more than to sell lots of stuff, and return home to find my trip paid for. Since planning the trip, I have learned that I cannot afford the trip. However, the trip is mandatory at this time to save my sanity from two jobs and life in general. So go buy stuff before I have to take on a third and fourth job to pay for my vacation from being overworked and underpaid. I'll thank you later.

Be good. And, achtung.

C.T.

No comments: