Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Tour de Tide with Bleach?
I'm obsessed with the Tour de France coverage, being an avid cyclist myself. I'm amazed that these people can ride 100+ miles everyday. What a great feeling to win those daily stages of the race, earning the privilege to don the coveted Yellow Jersey.

My question is, is that the same Yellow Jersey everyday? Because, gross if it is. After riding 100+ miles, does the leader just peel it off and hand it over to the next guy who won the stage for the day? Do they ever wash it? Sucks to be the rest of the pack behind the leader, riding downwind from the aroma of well-worn Yellow Jersey.

I think I'd go for the stage win on the first day, receiving a nice, clean, not-worn-yet Yellow Jersey. Then I'd stick with coming in second everday after that. That way I maintain a good position to win the entire event, but I don't have to endure the daily Tour de Sweat jersey.

C.T.

No comments: